Richard Thaler, one of the founding fathers of “nudge” theory, which has helped boost British tax receipts and encouraged smokers to become vapers, has been awarded the 2017 Nobel prize for economics. It is about the notion that people can be influenced by prompts – such as changing the wording of tax demands – to alter their behaviour.
“When shoppers walk into the new Nordstrom store in West Hollywood, Calif., next month, they’ll find tailors altering suits and stylists doling out advice. They’ll be able to sip some wine or cold-pressed juice, and maybe even get a manicure as they choose a new wardrobe. What they won’t be able to do is take any clothes home.”
According to a report by PricewaterhouseCoopers, the UK professional research and evidence market is a booming business and all indication are that it will continue to grow. It employs close to 73,000 highly-qualified people, generates up to £4.8bn a year of Gross Value Added (GVA), and makes a significant contribution to the UK.
Leader published businesss advice from the trenches. Competitiveness and knowledge of strong and weak points are recurrent aspects. For the full report click here: http://www.leader.co.za/article.aspx?s=1&f=1&a=6705
I love Babette’s writings. Her latest post on LinkedIn looks at the management of Competitive Intelligence and how to overcome certain challenges. She touches upon the reasons why some Competitive Units fail or fail to flourish and one of the top reasons is that they were never intelligence units to begin with; they were data collecting teams.
More Articles ...
- Top Skill For People In Insight
- Why pharma is ranked number one in spending on competitive information and among the last on the effective use of intelligence.
- The 8 most positive trends in Competitive Intelligence in 2017
- 17 To 37-year-olds Prioritise Experiences Over Things...For Instagram
- The World Is More Stable But South Africa Trends Downward In Fragility Index
- Number of women working into their 60s and 70s is surging and the implication are far-reaching Motherhood is changing, and so are mothers' working lives
- When a competitive Intelligence manager wins
- Online Shopping Changing The Competitive Scene
- Why It Must Remain Day 1 And Bezos’ Truth About Market Research
- Uber And Its Department of Competitive Intelligence
- Jobs in science, engineering and economics most in demand in the future
- TRADE praat saam met die ICTSD oor handel en ekonomiese groei
- Post Turning to Chicken: Competitive Diversification
- Digital Economy is Alive and Thriving in Africa
- Nigeria leads in Africa's Internet penetration
- A Sign of The Times? The 50 Most Promising Start-ups You?ve Never Heard Of: Security and Fraud Sectors Raise Particular Interest
- Collaboration, Sharing, Helping, Togetherness: The Drivers of the New Work Environment
- Competitiveness in the Legal Industry: Non-Traditional Competitive Factor Threatening Jobs?
- Computers Outshining Programmers and Reversing Paralysis: New in Technologies for 2017
- Barriers to Entry: Obstacles Curb Small Suppliers Competitiveness
- Voice Becoming more Resistant to Substitution: Africa Telecoms Key Trends and Opportunities
- Competitiveness and Staying Ahead of Competitors a Major SME Concern
- Competitive Intelligence in Action
- Send Your Car to Collect Your Take-Away
- Adapting to Changing Healthfood Competitive Environment: How Consumer Demands are Making M&S go Trendy with Vegan Sandwiches
- Consumers Have Become More Demanding, More in Control and Wellness is a Status Symbol Consumer Trends 2017
- IBIS is 20, 1997 - 2017
- Winners and Losers in the 2017 Innovative Economies Ranking
- Is This How We Will Be Shopping Soon? The Ever-Changing Rules of Engagement
- What is Waiting for Wine in 2017? Unfamiliar South African Wine Regions Achieve a Mention and Free Red Wine From a Fountain in Italy
- Desktop-As-A-Service (DAAS) Market Set to Grow Exponentially
- Competitive Intelligence Resolutions for 2017
- Business Trends for 2017: Bizcommunity
- Younger Generations Say No to Forever as Usual..
- Mercedes in new "Airbnb-type" app initiative
- Le Monde expos
- Mercedes-Benz Has The Future Van: Intelligent, Interconnected, Electric
- Masters of the Revolution
- Artificial Intelligence Tips The Beer Barrel: Innovation In An Old Tradition
- Airbus to Change the Flying Experience
- Declining Luxury Watch Sales a Sign of Weakening Luxury Goods Market
- Cash Rules! Cash Handouts versus Services / Goods Handouts to the Poor
- Strategic planning = Analysis + Intuition + Creativity?
- Data Overuse - It's an expensive item
- How CI Priorities Shift in a World of Zero Sum Competition
- Competition changes expectations: Change is the only constant?
- Top Ten Market Themes for 2017
- South African Grocery Shoppers Take Blended Approach: Retailers / Manufacturers Can Competitively Differentiate by Providing Digital Tools
- 17th Ruiterbosch Conference Discusses Global Value Chains, Piketty, FDI, Eskom
- Africa’s High Net Worth Individuals (HNWIs) Have Combined Wealth Holdings of US$660bn
- Sub-Saharan Africa’s Competitiveness Presents a Mixed Bag
- South Africa’s Competitiveness Within a BRICS Context